- The communication firm chosen by ACA developed an outreach and education strategy with messages consistent with the themes of ACA’s “Be Paintwise” program and targeted to all Oregon consumers. The educational materials used brief taglines such as - “From Storage to Spectacular,” “From Garage to Glorious,” and “From Basement to Beautiful” – to catch the attention of consumers. These messages appeared with supporting text that highlighted the following themes:
- The name of the program and its website.
- The advantages (cost savings, environment, storage space) of recycling leftover paint.
- The availability of information on purchasing the correct amount of paint and managing and disposing of paint properly on the program website.
- The recovery fee.
- The outreach and education campaign did not identify or target specific audiences. The messages, materials and delivery mechanisms were designed to have broad appeal and reach as many Oregon residents, particularly those interested in purchasing paint, as possible.